Do Views offer any performance advantage?

From: "Robert John Shepherd" <robert(at)reviewer(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Do Views offer any performance advantage?
Date: 2003-04-15 15:49:18
Lists: pgsql-performance
Hi all,

Whilst I often use views for convenience, is there any performance
advantage at all in using a view rather than running the same query
directly on the tables themselves?

Is it quicker to run a full complex query rather than run a much simpler
query on a view? (Hope that makes sense)

Yours Unwhettedly,
Robert John Shepherd.

Editor
DVD REVIEWER
The UK's BIGGEST Online DVD Magazine
http://www.dvd.reviewer.co.uk

For a copy of my Public PGP key, email: pgp(at)robertsworld(dot)org(dot)uk

pgsql-performance by date