From: "Ryan Hansen" <ryan(dot)hansen(at)brightbuilders(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Date Index
Date: 2008-10-30 20:49:16
Lists: pgsql-sql
Hey all,

I'm apparently too lazy to figure this out on my own so maybe one of you can
just make it easy on me. J

I want to index a timestamp field but I only want the index to include the
yyyy-mm-dd portion of the date, not the time.  I figure this would be where
the "expression" portion of the CREATE INDEX syntax would come in, but I'm
not sure I understand what the syntax would be for this.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

pgsql-sql by date