link tables from DB1 to DB2

From: DI Hasenöhrl <i(dot)hasenoehrl(at)aon(dot)at>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: link tables from DB1 to DB2
Date: 2001-08-29 19:51:37
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Hi all,

I use postgresql 7.0.2 as backend and MsAccess97 as frontend. In MsAccess I have the possibility to *link* tables to other Databases and other Databasesystems. Now, I'm interested, if there is a possibility to *link* a table from DB1 to DB2 (DB1 and DB2 are postgresql databases).

For instance:
    In DB1, there is a table *clients* and *articles* and ...
    in DB2, I want to create a *link* to table *clients* and a link to table *articles*, in order to use these information. I can't copy     these tables, because these tables are updated from other users from time to time.

Please, can someone give me some hints, how to create these *links*

Thanks in advance
Irina

E-Mail: i(dot)hasenoehrl(at)aon(dot)at

pgsql-interfaces by date