For the start

From: "Darko Prenosil" <Darko(dot)Prenosil(at)finteh(dot)hr>
To: <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: For the start
Date: 2003-09-05 19:28:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32
Bruce, I fetched WIN32_DEV branch from CVS and did :

autoconf
---------
    For autoconf you'll need "MSYS-1.0.9.exe" and maybe
"msysDTK-1.0.1.exe",(I'm not shore for that last one).

    If autoconf is skipped, configure won't work correctly (I doubt You
remember, but I told You about it before about 2 months -
there is problem with sysmlinks on windows).
There is also possibility to make autoconf from sources (I'm using 2.57
compiled from sources because pgAdmin requires that version).

Other packages that I have installed are :
    libiconv-1.8.0-2003.02.01-1.exe
    gettext-0.11.5-2003.02.01-1.exe
    bison-1.875.0-2003.02.10-1.exe
and they all can be found on MinGW site (link I mentioned earlier today)

configure
----------
    configure went OK, and You can see that bison is recognized:

    checking for bison... bison -y

    There is also need for docbook, but that package for MinGW I did not
find.

make
------
        thread.c:70: conflicting types for `pqGetpwuid'
        ../../src/include/port.h:116: previous declaration of `pqGetpwuid'

There was no such error before about two months when I tried it.
If I recall correctly, Andreas was doing some patches on this matter
recently ?

Complete configure and make outputs are attached. I'll try to figure out if
Andres patch can solve this.

Regards !

pgsql-hackers-win32 by date