Re: Strange bug...

From: "Donald Fraser" <demolish(at)cwgsy(dot)net>
To: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Strange bug...
Date: 2003-01-21 12:58:37
Lists: pgadmin-support
MessageThanks for that Dave,
I don't mind it not displaying the constraint as an index but the one thing I would ask for is consistency...

For example if I create the following table via SQL:

CREATE TABLE public.tbl_cmpycat (
id int4 NOT NULL,
s_desc text NOT NULL,
id_editedby int4,
dt_edited timestamp,
CONSTRAINT tbl_cmpycat_desc_key UNIQUE (s_desc),
CONSTRAINT tbl_cmpycat_pkey PRIMARY KEY (id)
) WITHOUT OIDS;

When I view it under pgAdminII it lists one index named tbl_cmpycat_desc_key...?

This then leads on to another bug...
When I try to drop the above table (not the index) pgAdminII attempts to drop the index first and then I get the following message as recorded in the log.
21-01-2003 12:52:17 - SQL (Bugs): DROP INDEX public.tbl_cmpycat_desc_key
21-01-2003 12:52:17 - Error in pgAdmin II:basActions.Drop: -2147467259 - ERROR:  Cannot drop index tbl_cmpycat_desc_key because constraint tbl_cmpycat_desc_key on table tbl_cmpycat requires it  You may drop constraint tbl_cmpycat_desc_key on table tbl_cmpycat instead

Regards
Donald Fraser