From: "Agustina Buccella" <agusb(at)mail(dot)ru>
To: <peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk>
Cc: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2000-11-23 22:21:44
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Hello I find yours email from the mailing list of postgresql.

I have a problem with postgres driver and servlet

I´m using Suse 6.4, jakarta-tomcat servlet, and jdk1.1.8.

I set the correct CLASSPATH in the file wrapper.property

# CLASSPATH environment
wrapper.classpath=/usr/lib/jdk1.1.8/postresql.jar

I edit the server.xml file and add this lines

  <RequestInterceptor
            className="org.apache.tomcat.request.JDBCRealm"
            debug="99"
            driverName="org.postgresql.Driver"
            connectionURL="jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432"
            connectionName="postgres"
            connectionPassword="postgres" />

But when I want to run Tomcat I have a fatal error:

FATAL:java.lang.RuntimeException: JDBCRealm.start.readXml: Something unusual has occured to cause the driver to fail. Please report this exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.RuntimeException: JDBCRealm.start.readXml: Something unusual has occured to cause the driver to fail. Please report this exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.apache.tomcat.request.JDBCRealm.contextInit(JDBCRealm.java:437)
        at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.initContext(ContextManager.java:480)
        at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.init(ContextManager.java:440)
        at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.execute(Tomcat.java:197)
        at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.main(Tomcat.java:237)

Please help me!!!!!

Thank yous very much!!!
Agustina

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: Peter MountDate: 2000-11-24 07:54:24