Adding field to a table currently being used

From: "Jada Case" <jadac(at)mccright(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Adding field to a table currently being used
Date: 2005-03-22 17:41:22
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hello,

I need to know if I add a field to an existing table within a database
that is currently being accessed by many users, if it will effect it or
crash it?  I have researced the archives and could not find an answer,
if there is documentation on this, will you point me in the right
direction?

Thank you,

Jada

pgsql-admin by date