foreign key question: the backend end the connection

From: "lt" <ltshadow(at)basecity(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: foreign key question: the backend end the connection
Date: 2000-10-10 11:58:42
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,
I am using Postgresql 7.0.2, and have used some foreign key in my database, but I get some error like "the backend ended the connection" where I am trying to insert or delete a row to the master table(Delete cascade and update cascade). Of course, this error is no use to find the reason. So I am forced to forget foreign keys.