Re: Windows ODBC and a Router obstacle?

From: "Joseph Doench" <jdoench(at)cinci(dot)rr(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Windows ODBC and a Router obstacle?
Date: 2011-03-09 02:09:31
Lists: pgsql-odbc
The router is a 'home' type... less than 2 or 3 years old... has 802.11n

I'll have to take a look into it tomorrow.

> I see this in the PG log:
>
> unexpected EOF on client connection
> could not receive data from client: No connection could be made because
the
> target machine actively refused it.
>
> JPD657

So Access/ODBC is getting out but the Postgres server cannot get back to the

Windows machine. First I do not use Windows much any more, so my suggestions

will be general. I would start by taking a look at the Windows Firewall
program
and see if is blocking incoming connections for non standard ports. What
sort of
router are we talking about, home type(Netgear,Linksys,etc) or enterprise
type?
I have not a home type block returning data from an established connection,
mainly because they are fairly open.

--
Adrian