Re: Postgres db corrupted ?

From: "Mendola Gaetano" <mendola(at)bigfoot(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: Postgres db corrupted ?
Date: 2003-07-30 14:43:06
Lists: pgsql-admin
"Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
> "Mendola Gaetano" <mendola(at)bigfoot(dot)com> writes:
> >  ""John P. Looney"" <valen(at)tuatha(dot)org> writes:
> >> bbadmin         |              | SQL_ASCII
>
> > For sure a way to obtain this inconsistence is delete the owner of
> > a db and voila' a DB result to have no owner.
>
> Nope.  I don't know how John got into this state, but it most definitely
> was not that way.  Try it.

Here it his:

kalman(at)XXX [] > createuser jfk
Shall the new user be allowed to create databases? (y/n) y
Shall the new user be allowed to create more new users? (y/n) y
CREATE USER
kalman(at)XXX [] > psql -U jfk template1

       \h for help with SQL commands
       \? for help on internal slash commands
       \q to quit

template1=# create database db_jfk;
CREATE DATABASE
template1=# \q
kalman(at)XXX [] > psql -l | grep jfk
 db_jfk                       | jfk       | SQL_ASCII
kalman(at)XXX [] > psql template1

       \h for help with SQL commands
       \? for help on internal slash commands
       \q to quit

template1=# delete from pg_shadow where usename = 'jfk';
DELETE 1
template1=# \q
kalman(at)XXX [] > psql -l | grep jfk
 db_jfk                       |           | SQL_ASCII

Regards
Gaetano