Re: Trouble compiling tsearch2

From: "David Wessell" <dave(at)wessell(dot)net>
To: "'Tom Lane'" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Trouble compiling tsearch2
Date: 2007-07-21 22:26:23
Lists: pgsql-novice
Thanks Tom..

I'm using a VDS, and WHM and cpanel.. And installed postgres using the steps
below..

1. Login to your VDS via ssh and su to root.
2. Type 'mv /var/lib/pgsql /var/lib/pgsql.old'
3. Run '/scripts/installpostgres'
4. Login to Web Host Manager (WHM) and choose "Postgres Config" under Server
Configuration.
5. Enter a Postgresql Password and select the "Change Password" button. *You
should avoid using any non-alpha numeric charaters as these cause problems.
6. Within WHM choose "Postgres Config" again under Server Configuration.
7. Select the "Install Config" to install a postgres pg_hba.conf file.
8. Login to cPanel and test installing a Postgresql database and user.

Then later realized that I needed the tsearch contrib installed.. Should I
remove everything and start from scratch? I'm pretty new to linux
administration for the most part...

Thanks
David