I'm using a VDS, and WHM and cpanel.. And installed postgres using the steps
1. Login to your VDS via ssh and su to root.
2. Type 'mv /var/lib/pgsql /var/lib/pgsql.old'
3. Run '/scripts/installpostgres'
4. Login to Web Host Manager (WHM) and choose "Postgres Config" under Server
5. Enter a Postgresql Password and select the "Change Password" button. *You
should avoid using any non-alpha numeric charaters as these cause problems.
6. Within WHM choose "Postgres Config" again under Server Configuration.
7. Select the "Install Config" to install a postgres pg_hba.conf file.
8. Login to cPanel and test installing a Postgresql database and user.
Then later realized that I needed the tsearch contrib installed.. Should I
remove everything and start from scratch? I'm pretty new to linux
administration for the most part...
From: Tom Lane [mailto:tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us]
Sent: Saturday, July 21, 2007 6:20 PM
To: David Wessell
Subject: Re: [NOVICE] Trouble compiling tsearch2
"David Wessell" <dave(at)wessell(dot)net> writes:
> I have managed to install postgres (Yea me!).. But I need to install
> tsearch2.. I'm trying to complie it, but I get this error (using
> Makefile:31: ../../src/Makefile.global: No such file or directory
> Makefile:32: /contrib/contrib-global.mk: No such file or directory
> gmake: *** No rule to make target `/contrib/contrib-global.mk'. Stop.
This was just asked a couple days ago...
regards, tom lane
---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
TIP 5: don't forget to increase your free space map settings
In response to
pgsql-novice by date
|Next:||From: Teju||Date: 2007-07-22 01:58:38|
|Subject: btree spool function|
|Previous:||From: Tom Lane||Date: 2007-07-21 22:19:55|
|Subject: Re: Trouble compiling tsearch2 |