Re: Best ODBC cursor and lock types for fastest reading?

From: "Robert John Shepherd" <robert(at)reviewer(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Best ODBC cursor and lock types for fastest reading?
Date: 2003-04-29 15:43:26
Lists: pgsql-performance
> All of the types you list were designed around the MS SQL/MSDE server
> architecture, and many do not apply to PostgreSQL (for
> example, Postgres does not use read locks and does not support
> client-side keyset cursors as far as I know).

Thanks, this backs up my feelings from some of my limited experiments
with them.

I guess I need to keep trying to rewrite my queries to avoid nested
loops then, as this seems to be the main performance hit I get as all
use indexes properly.

Yours Unwhettedly,
Robert John Shepherd.

Editor
DVD REVIEWER
The UK's BIGGEST Online DVD Magazine
http://www.dvd.reviewer.co.uk

For a copy of my Public PGP key, email: pgp(at)robertsworld(dot)org(dot)uk