PostgreSQL and 2000 Service...

From: "Nick McCalip" <nmccalip(at)jam(dot)rr(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PostgreSQL and 2000 Service...
Date: 2001-10-25 18:52:10
Lists: pgsql-cygwin
I have installed the latest Cygwin and it's PostgreSQL have gotten the database running just fine and have "ipc-daemon" and "postmaster" both running as services.   I can start postmaster as a service from the SERVICES console and it runs just fine as well.   However, even though I have the service set to startup automatically, fails to do so.   Once the computer finishes starting I can go and start the service manually, but of course, this will not suffice for production use.   I have reviewed the event logs to see if it might shed some light on why the service failed to start and found the following entry for the ipc-daemon (which did start):

Event Type: Information
Event Source: ipc-daemon
Event Category: None
Event ID: 0