Built in display of contents of temporary tables when select has no destination

From: "Robert M(dot) Bernabe" <rbernabe(at)sandmansystems(dot)com>
To: "Postgres" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Built in display of contents of temporary tables when select has no destination
Date: 2007-12-09 23:09:56
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi,
Not sure if this is the proper forum but I'd like to post a request of
sorts. The PG Admin III SQL Editor and Debugger are great but I've noticed
that when a select statement has no destination, the software issues an
error. I've tried MSSQL, MySQL and even Valentina...the debuggers there
automaticaly display the contents of select statements with no destination
for the query recordset on a window or tab somewhere. (e.g. select * from
mytable limit 5) This provides an easy built in display of temporary tables
(or even parameter passed ones) without having to resort to a loop with
raise commands. Am hoping the nice people here would consider plugging this
feature into future releases...:) Good day to all. :)

I'm protected by SpamBrave
http://www.spambrave.com/