Re: Install from source

From: "Adam Lang" <aalang(at)rutgersinsurance(dot)com>
Cc: "PGSQL General" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Install from source
Date: 2000-08-30 20:44:05
Lists: pgsql-general

Yeah, I caught the first stupid mistake. What happened was I was logged in
as postgres and su'ed to root to remove the previous RPM of postgres 6.5. I
then did the compiling, etc. I exited and went back to the postgres user.
Well, removing the RPM removed the user that the RPM made so the owner of
/home/postgres became uid 26 as opposed to postgres which was what I was
technically logged in as. And since I was in the home directory trying to
dump the logfile, permission was denied.

As for the later, yeah, I went by the short instructions and and the
ldconfig step was skipped. I guess I tried to get out of it too easy. :)

Adam Lang
Systems Engineer
Rutgers Casualty Insurance Company