Oracle and Postgresql

From: "Mark Grimsey" <pack(at)cubs-rothwell(dot)freeserve(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Oracle and Postgresql
Date: 1999-05-27 21:12:51
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Can anyone help please ?

I have been using Postgresql for several recent applications and I am very happy with it but on my next project have to share data with an existing Oracle database on HP UNIX.  The existing Oracle system expects to communicate with another Oracle database using SQL*net but I want to use Postgresql on Linux (Intel).

Are there any interfaces that I can use to make this seamless to the existing Oracle system?  I am not averse to paying for commercial connectivity software if I can use Postgresql on my project.

Many thanks

Mark Grimsey
mgrimsey(at)computerpark(dot)co(dot)uk
markg(at)cubs-rothwell(dot)freeserve(dot)co(dot)uk

pgsql-interfaces by date