Re: ERROR: index row size

From: "Rodrigo Sakai" <rodrigo(dot)sakai(at)poli(dot)usp(dot)br>
To: "'Tom Lane'" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>,"'Jeremy Drake'" <pgsql(at)jdrake(dot)com>
Cc: "'PostgreSQL Hackers'" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ERROR: index row size
Date: 2007-06-04 04:34:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers
>Indeed ... *please* tell us your compiler issued a warning about that.

I did shell scripts that suppress the warnings, so it was a big mistake, I
agree! But I think my problem is not here!

> Well, you oughta allocate result before you store into it, not after,
> and I bet you meant to assign to the tvi and tvf fields, not tvi twice.

 You are right again. But this happened because I copy and paste the example
with a different order. But in my code all this is ok!

>Bad as these mistakes are, they don't directly explain why a later index
>entry creation would fail.  What I'm betting is that your CREATE TYPE
>command does not correctly describe the datatype size.  Based on this
>code it should be pass-by-reference, fixed-size-8-bytes, but I'll bet
>a nickel your CREATE TYPE says something else --- probably varlena.

Humm, this can help! I will investigate! Thanks a lot!