RE: [NOVICE] Création de BD

From: "JP Beaudry" <jbeaudry(at)cisco(dot)com>
To: "'jedi'" <dayersystem(at)bluewin(dot)ch>, <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: [NOVICE] Création de BD
Date: 2004-04-21 15:16:57
Lists: pgsql-novice

I'm also a novice with Postgres, so take the following pointers with a grain
of salt.

First, take a look at the man page for createdb. Try this command at the
Linux prompt: man createdb. This will tell you where the database will
actually be created.

Second, I think your problem may have to do with the createdb file not being
executable by the user. If that is the case, you may have to change the
rights of the file with "chmod". This link provides a good explanation on
file permissions:
http://www.comptechdoc.org/os/linux/usersguide/linux_ugfilesp.html

Third, I believe you'll need postmaster running before createdb succeeds.

Hope this helps,
JP

P.S. Desole pour l'anglais, mais je crois que tu vas rejoindre une plus
grande audience de cette facon.