Re: BUG #3981: Can not Install PostgreSQL - error at the end of installation

From: "Matthias Mohr" <Matthias(at)Mohrenclan(dot)de>
To: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Miroslav Nachev" <miro(at)space-comm(dot)com>
Subject: Re: BUG #3981: Can not Install PostgreSQL - error at the end of installation
Date: 2008-02-22 17:11:15
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi Miroslav,

> I try many times to install PostgreSQL 8.3 and older versions on my new
> mobile computer Acer AS7720G-933G64Bn with installed Windows Vista Ultimate
> OS. Unfortunately it is not possible. In the beginning I have one error.
> After User Account Control (UAC) disabling the error is changed to
> "Failed to create temporary directory."
I also have this problem on one computer with Windows XP SP2.
But only with 8.3; 8.2 installation works perfectly.
I could not find any reason- the logfile does not tell what's really going wrong...
(and the only thing which the error dialog says was "an error occured" - nothing else)

I solved it by not initializing the database (I did it afterwards by hand).

Sorry, if this is not very helpful for you - but that was the only thing I could do on that computer for running 8.3

with regards,
Matthias