Listen/Notify Application using libpq++ library

From: "Ray Cheng" <raycheng(at)siliconcreation(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Listen/Notify Application using libpq++ library
Date: 2003-04-09 10:32:52
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hello.

I am new to Postgresql, so please bear with me for asking something ignorant.

I am trying to write a module that will listen for notifications from the PG database at another PC, in C++. May I ask which methods in libpq++ can be used for that? I have tried to use PQbackendPID, and I got the PID, but how do I receive the pending notifications?

Thank you very much in advance.
Regards
Ray