RE: How to get ODBC going?

From: "Warren Odom" <warren-odom(at)stenocall(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)hub(dot)org>
Subject: RE: How to get ODBC going?
Date: 2000-07-21 17:43:53
Lists: pgsql-novice

After some clues from the good people of the mailing list, plus some
detective work, I have figured out where the roadblock was. In short, it
looks like I was getting the 16-bit ODBC manager from the Windows 95 Control
Panel. The 32-bit one is what I needed, but it was nowhere in evidence. I
finally did a search for all files matching *odbc*.exe, and bingo!
odbcadm.exe is the old one, and odbcad32.exe is the new one, which has the
tabs for DSNs, etc. that I couldn't figure out what everyone was talking
about.

Further, the instructions on the web site are still lacking in some details,
some of which you were able to fill in for me. I haven't had time to work
on it any more since then, since I've been in a training class most of the
week. (In fact, I had hoped to get an ODBC link to Postgres up & running
for the class, but we ended up having to use MS SQL Server instead.) Maybe
I can still find a role for Postgres somewhere ...

Anyway, thanks to everyone that helped! (especially David Boerwinkle and
Patrick Wolf).

-- Warren