PostgreSQL and PHP

From: "James Macken" <jmac(at)nemesis(dot)com(dot)au>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)hub(dot)org>
Subject: PostgreSQL and PHP
Date: 2000-02-24 11:06:01
Lists: pgsql-sql
To those of you who use PHP with PostgreSQL,

I'm trying to do a simple select inside a ".php3" script. The php3 script
simply says something like (the linux machine is not turned on so I can't
grab it exactly):

$database = pg_connect("","","","mydb");
pg_exec($database, "select * from mytable");
echo "whatever"

and all I get is (in the resulting web page):

In other words, it doesn't print out on the web page the query that I just
made. Now have added the "nobody" web user to the list of authorised people
and I have granted permission for nobody to do anything he likes to mydb.

Other things work however such as the echo command above and the "info" php

Any ideas?

pgsql-sql by date

Next:From: Stefano BrozziDate: 2000-02-24 11:37:19