PostgreSQL and PHP

From: "James Macken" <jmac(at)nemesis(dot)com(dot)au>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)hub(dot)org>
Subject: PostgreSQL and PHP
Date: 2000-02-24 11:06:01
Lists: pgsql-sql
To those of you who use PHP with PostgreSQL,

I'm trying to do a simple select inside a ".php3" script. The php3 script
simply says something like (the linux machine is not turned on so I can't
grab it exactly):

<?php
$database = pg_connect("","","","mydb");
pg_exec($database, "select * from mytable");
echo "whatever"
?>

and all I get is (in the resulting web page):

whatever

In other words, it doesn't print out on the web page the query that I just
made. Now have added the "nobody" web user to the list of authorised people
and I have granted permission for nobody to do anything he likes to mydb.

Other things work however such as the echo command above and the "info" php
command.

Any ideas?

James

pgsql-sql by date

Next:From: Stefano BrozziDate: 2000-02-24 11:37:19