AIX Angst

From: "Justin Burns" <jburns_pgmail(at)shipwreck(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: AIX Angst
Date: 1999-05-08 21:43:43
Lists: pgsql-ports

Greets to everyone on the list. I come hers out of desperation, exasperation, and general frustration.

We're running an RS/6k with AiX 4.3.2, sadly, without xlc. A hacked-over copy of GCC has thus far provided us with the compiling we need. Postgres, however, insists on XLC to be happy with its lifestyle.

If anyone out there is running postgres on aix, and could possibly hook me up with a binary, I would be incredibly grateful. Any suggestions on getting it to work with GCC would be appreciated, too.

Thank you,
Justin Burns
Shipwreck Beads