Error in the starting of Postgresql

From: José Luiz <jlp(at)macknight(dot)com(dot)br>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Error in the starting of Postgresql
Date: 2001-03-28 22:31:02
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi,

I am using suse linux 6.4, and when I installed linux I installed postgresql distributed by suse.

I installed but I did not used (neither started it).

Now I downloaded the new postgresql version (7.0.3) and installed it in the same directories where suse installed (/usr/lib/pgsql).

In rc.config I used the option to start postgresql automatically when linux boot.

During the linux boot I am receiving a message: Starting service postgressu: warnig: cannot change directory to /usr/local/pgsql, and posgresql do nott start..

How can I resolve this?

Thanks for your help.

José Luiz Pedroza
jlp(at)macknight(dot)com(dot)br