sh: `-c' requires an argument

From: "Girish Patangay" <girish(at)intotoinc(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: sh: `-c' requires an argument
Date: 2002-11-21 19:00:12
Lists: pgsql-admin

I ran into this problem when running almost any command using psql,
createdb or even trying to goto the shell using \!

The problem is that /bin/sh points to /bin/bash and my bash version is:
$ bash -version
GNU bash, version 1.14.7(1)

Here are the other errors:
$ createdb foo
PQexec() -- Request was sent to backend, but backend closed the channel
before responding.
        This probably means the backend terminated abnormally before or
while processing the request.
createdb: database creation failed on foo.

(in the log file it has the "sh: `-c' requires an argument" error)

Has anyone run into this problem? Or could give me tips to fix it?

Thanks
Girish

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Rajesh Kumar Mallah.Date: 2002-11-21 19:08:43