Re: Backup & Restore

From: "Gavin M(dot) Roy" <gmr(at)justsportsusa(dot)com>
To: "'Bruce Momjian'" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "'Marcelo Pereira'" <gandalf(at)sum(dot)desktop(dot)com(dot)br>,<pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Backup & Restore
Date: 2002-02-25 20:16:21
Lists: pgsql-general

This is true to a point.  Since my DB is dormant from 11 PM PST time
until 5 AM PST time, I'm not concerned about the table relationships
getting out of sync.  I guess this isn't the most eloquent way of
doing this, but it works for me...

So based upon your comment, pg_dump locks the database while running,
preventing any data inconsistencies?

Gavin