Re: controlling process priority

From: "Peter T(dot) Brown" <peter(at)memeticsystems(dot)com>
To: "'Tom Lane'" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "'Robert B(dot) Easter'" <reaster(at)comptechnews(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: controlling process priority
Date: 2001-12-20 17:27:08
Lists: pgsql-jdbc pgsql-sql

I had an idea last night that addresses the process priority and the locking
issue: use LIMIT with an offset in a long running thread to programmatically
throttle the backend processing.

This works only because I am storing all the results to my queries as
pointers in a temporary table (then using those values as the basis for
subsequent queries).