ODBC Error

From: "Steve Pratt" <steve(dot)sheliak(at)virgin(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: ODBC Error
Date: 1998-07-22 21:09:29
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
I have installed PsqlODBC on a Win95 PC. On my Linux box there is a db
called mydb, owner steve.
The plan is to make use of Topspeed Clarion application generator on the WIn
pc. There is an import function in the gui to pull in the structure of an
ODBC compliant server. But the error message is as follows:
"ODBC file import:
Failed to authenticate client as Postgres user 'steve' <unknown
authentication type>: be_recvauth: unrecognized message type: 65536"

I guess it won't be Postgres' fault, but has anyone seen this type of
problem before?
Sorry if this is too far off topic, but thanks anyway

Steve

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: Byron NikolaidisDate: 1998-07-22 21:44:20