Re: dblink to non postgresql dbms

From: "David Rowley" <dgrowley(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "'Klint Gore'" <kgore4(at)une(dot)edu(dot)au>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: dblink to non postgresql dbms
Date: 2008-06-28 23:22:44
Lists: pgsql-general

Klint Gore wrote:
> Maybe these things from pgfoundary might help
>
> http://pgfoundry.org/projects/dbi-link/
>
> http://pgfoundry.org/projects/odbclink/
>
> http://pgfoundry.org/projects/dblink-tds/

Thank you for the links.

I'm just getting into looking at them now.

I had forgotten to say before that my instance of postgresql is running on
windows.

I can't seem to find any evidence of freetds running on windows, I guess
there is not a great deal of need since MS's native client is there. So I'm
thinking of re-writing the dblink-tds to use Mircosoft's native client
rather than tds. The odbclink does not have any files yet, but looks like
exactly what I'd need.

David.