Serial

From: "andersen(at)modelcreator" <andersen(at)modelcreator(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Serial
Date: 2005-04-26 10:26:24
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hello,
I don't know how to retrieve information via ODBC about the type "SERIAL". When creating a table with a column having this type it is changed into an int4 with a default value to a sequence as I understood it.
I can retrieve information about the type int4 and other attributes but I don't see how I can retrieve information about the sequencing.

I tried to use the following:
SQLColAttributes with attribute: SQL_COLUMN_AUTO_INCREMENT
SQLColAttribute with attribute: SQL_DESC_AUTO_UNIQUE_VALUE

SQLColumns has the default value empty (index 13).

Do you I have to query system tables to get this information?
Any comments?

Thanks,
Henning