Re: Constraint->function dependency and dump in 7.3

From: Együd Csaba <csegyud(at)vnet(dot)hu>
To: 'SZŰCS Gábor' <surrano(at)mailbox(dot)hu>, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Constraint->function dependency and dump in 7.3
Date: 2004-07-12 13:06:57
Lists: pgsql-sql

Dear Gabor,
I meant that if the schema of the given database is not altered frequently
it can be a considerable solution keeping the schema in a separate file.
When it is altered you must make a new one, but just once per schema
modifications.
I don't think that it is a painful thing to write a script which reloads the
schema first and then the daily (or whatever) data-only dump file. In this
approach you have to maintain two files during the restore process - or if
it is a problem, you can append the data dump to a copy of the schema file.

cheers,
-- Csaba

---