RE: [HACKERS] 6.5.1 status

From: "Hiroshi Inoue" <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: "Bruce Momjian" <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, "PostgreSQL-development" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: RE: [HACKERS] 6.5.1 status
Date: 1999-06-30 00:36:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I have 2 questions for 6.5.1.

1. Currently we couldn't create an index on numeric type.
Is it difficult to add numeric_ops ?

2. I love Oracle TRUNCATE statement.
Marcus Mascari [mascarim(at)yahoo(dot)com] has already implemented
this feature,though I haven't seen his implementation yet.
If his implementation is right,could this new feature be added to
6.5.1 ?

Regards.

Hiroshi Inoue
Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp