Re: status applications

From: "Martin A(dot) Marques" <martin(at)math(dot)unl(dot)edu(dot)ar>
To: PostgreSQL Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: status applications
Date: 2000-11-02 18:04:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Mié 01 Nov 2000 20:57, Martin A. Marques wrote:

Seeing that nobody responded to my questions, here I go. ;-)

I think one of the poor partes about postgres is the administration tools. I
am not a PostgreSQL hacker (would like to be one) so I don know if there are
things like user threads, locks and all those stuff to check for with some
sort of administration tool.

I am willing to help in the development of this tool, and I think it would be
very important for the PostgreSQL community, adn for PostgreSQL as a whole.

Any comments? Bruce? Tom? Vadim?

> Are there any status and mode applications for postgres? I mean, an
> application that will tell me the status of the server at the moment,  and
> an app to start and stop postgres.
> Does postgres have "administration mode" like a mode to make backups on,
> without threads connected?
>
> Thanks!!!

Saludos... :-)

--
"And I'm happy, because you make me feel good, about me." - Melvin Udall
Martín Marqués			email: 	martin(at)math(dot)unl(dot)edu(dot)ar