How to check that I am in transaction inside backend

From: Denis Perchine <dyp(at)perchine(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How to check that I am in transaction inside backend
Date: 2000-11-02 05:09:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Hello,

Having some expirience with catching errors with BLOBs, I realised, that it
is really hard to understand that you forget to enclose BLOB operations in
transaction...

I would like to add a check for each BLOB operation which will check whether
we are in transaction, and if not it will issue a notice.

The question is how correctly check that I am in transaction.

--
Sincerely Yours,
Denis Perchine

E-Mail: dyp(at)perchine(dot)com
HomePage: http://www.perchine.com/dyp/
FidoNet: 2:5000/120.5

Next:From: Zeugswetter Andreas SBDate: 2000-11-02 08:35:29