Re: Connecting remotely - multi tier

From: "Ken J(dot) Wright" <ken(at)ori-ind(dot)com>
To: "Adam Lang" <aalang(at)rutgersinsurance(dot)com>, <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Connecting remotely - multi tier
Date: 2000-11-02 17:07:51
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

> In essence that is what I was asking... the possibility a Postgresql API
> that I could use, as opposed to a generalised ODBC driver. Whether for a
> client or a middle tier, it doesn't matter.

That was your original question, and the answer is simply, use libpq.dll This
*is* the PostgreSQL API. If your windoze client app uses libpq.dll then you can
access a PostgreSQL database directly *without* the use of ODBC. The Zeos
components wrap up this functionality quite nicely for Delphi. I don't know
anything about using a .dll in VB so I can't help there, but that is just a
general VB issue that any experienced VB'er can answer.

Ken