Re: Question on NpgsqlParameter object

From: "Oliveiros Cristina" <oliveiros(dot)cristina(at)marktest(dot)pt>
To: "Francisco Figueiredo Jr(dot)" <fxjrlists(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)br>,"Oliveiros Cristina" <oliveiros(dot)cristina(at)gmail(dot)com>,<pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Question on NpgsqlParameter object
Date: 2007-05-29 10:26:34
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Howdy, Francisco.

Thank you for your fast reply.
I'm gonna check this out.
Actually I wasn't aware of the existence of the Npgsql mailing list, even though I use it exclusively to access the back end !

But, maybe if I am a little more specific you can tell me what I am (potentially) doing wrong.

Can I use parameters to substitute a whole condition?
For ex, is it possible to have a query like this?

SELECT *
FROM t_tabela
WHERE @condicao

?

My problems started yesterday when I started using parameters in this way.
Before I've just used it in situations like this :
SELECT *
FROM t_tabela
WHERE variacao >= @percentagem

and it always worked without the smallest problem.
I wonder if it is legal to use NpgsqlParameters in the way I do now...

Melhores cumprimentos,

Oliveiros