Re: Initdb error during silent install on windows 2000

From: "Karim Mardhani" <karim(at)zeecore(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Initdb error during silent install on windows 2000
Date: 2005-09-05 20:20:45
Lists: pgsql-admin
  One update on this problem.

  I updated my install script to create a directory "md C:\pgdata" and update the command line for postgresql install to include "DATADIR=C:\pgdata" and everything works fine.

  Maybe the space in "Program Files" is causing this problem?  But then again the installation worked fine for at least 15 other PCs where the data base data was in C:\Program Files.

  Don't know what's going on here.

  Thanks

  Karim