PostgreSQL With Slackware

From: "Janio Rosa da Silva" <janio_2003(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)br>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PostgreSQL With Slackware
Date: 2004-06-23 04:38:44
Lists: pgsql-admin
I am looking for a way to start PostgreSQL when the computer is turned
on. Any ideas?

I am using Slackware 9.1 and PostgreSQL 7.4.2;

I was made a rc.postgresql script file. And I called for it from rc.local.

But, I thing when the slackware is starting, the commands in script file are
executting under root. But the pg_ctl or postmaster should be executed under
the postgres user.

Who can I start the postgresql server when the slackware is turned on?

thanks,

Janio