Re: Unable to connect to PostgresSQL server: Backend startup

From: "Papp Gyozo" <pgerzson(at)freestart(dot)hu>
To: <pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Unable to connect to PostgresSQL server: Backend startup
Date: 2002-02-09 11:02:59
Lists: pgsql-php

I looked through the source and i didn't use pg_pconnect nowhere.
Now, it's working again. This is the point.

I'm thinking about if a search engine robot could eat up all my
available connection. Some days ago the site site was registered
in a few new search engine, but during some dump/restore the robots
ad norobots files disappeared. There are a lot of hot links on the
main page (all requires a pg_connect()). Maybe the robot engaged
all connections.

I'm about to gain some access to the host to figure out what happened.
In the meanwhile I 'd like to know only when this error message
is shown. Because I couldn't find it in the Postgres docs.

BTW, I appreciate your help, thanks a lot.

Papp Gyozo
- pgerzson(at)freestart(dot)hu