symbol not found in plpgsql.so

From: "Frederick W(dot) Reimer" <fwr(at)ga(dot)prestige(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: symbol not found in plpgsql.so
Date: 2000-10-05 19:21:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-ports

I sent an email on this the other day, but didn't see it pop up in the list
and there have been no responses, so I don't know if it got through. Sorry
if this is a dup.

I'm getting the following error when I add a row to a table that has a
trigger set for a plpgsql function. I did a nm on the plpgsql.so file and
it lists CurrentMemoryContext as being in there, so I don't know why it
can't find it. Anyone see anything similar? What do you suggest, a
recompile and install?

"DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR: Load of file
/usr/local/pgsql/lib/plpgsql.so failed: ld.so.1:
/usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster: fatal: relocation error: file
/usr/local/pgsql/lib/plpgsql.so: symbol CurrentMemoryContext: referenced
symbol not found"

Thanks,

Fred Reimer
Eclipsys Corporation