status applications

From: "Martin A(dot) Marques" <martin(at)math(dot)unl(dot)edu(dot)ar>
To: PostgreSQL Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: status applications
Date: 2000-11-01 23:57:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Are there any status and mode applications for postgres? I mean, an
application that will tell me the status of the server at the moment, and an
app to start and stop postgres.
Does postgres have "administration mode" like a mode to make backups on,
without threads connected?

Thanks!!!

--
"And I'm happy, because you make me feel good, about me." - Melvin Udall
Martín Marqués email: martin(at)math(dot)unl(dot)edu(dot)ar