BAR now and with 7.1

From: "Martin A(dot) Marques" <martin(at)math(dot)unl(dot)edu(dot)ar>
To: "'pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: BAR now and with 7.1
Date: 2000-10-29 14:27:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I wanna know how BAR (Backup And Restore) is done now (PostgreSQL 7.0.2) and
how it will be done when PostgreSQL 7.1 comes out.
What I want is a total recover of data up to the time that the database got
scratched.
What I mean is:
Certain people write to the database all day long. Every mid-night I do a
full backup (level 0). If the database gets destroyed for any reason, I would
do I full restore of the last mid-night backup, but I also want all the info
that was changed after the last Level 0 backup.
Is this posible with PostgreSQL 7.0.2?
Will it be posible with PostgreSQL 7.1?

Thanks!!

--
"And I'm happy, because you make me feel good, about me." - Melvin Udall
Martín Marqués email: martin(at)math(dot)unl(dot)edu(dot)ar