Problem with functions

From: "Richard Sydney-Smith" <richard(at)ibisaustralia(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Problem with functions
Date: 2003-08-26 14:00:28
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

I have used pgadminII to create a series of functions. However it appears that they are all all given array parameters. ( see the definition shown below) If I create the function manually with a return type of "bool" instead of "bool[]" all is ok. However if I use pgadmin then I get a horrible error

ERROR: array_in: Need to specify dimension

I am happily using a number of procedure in SYBASE SQL Anywhere and am trying to port the database to postgresql. but this error now means I will have to edit them all!

Is there a way to change the behaviour of pgadmin or does everyone enter their functions as pure SQL?

thanks

Richard.

Error Message is :

ERROR: array_in: Need to specify dimension

The attempt to activate the procedure is given as :

select test_fn();

and the function definition itself is:

-- Function: public.test_fn()

CREATE FUNCTION public.test_fn() RETURNS bool[] AS 'begin

return true;

end;' LANGUAGE 'plpgsql' VOLATILE;