Re: Failed to load control "HBX"

From: "Thomas Sandford" <tdgsandf(at)paradisegreen(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Failed to load control "HBX"
Date: 2001-09-28 12:21:18
Lists: pgadmin-support

"Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk> wrote:
> [...]

Done.

> and then confirm that the C:\Program Files\pgAdmin2
> folder has been removed.

Done - it had been removed.

> Next, please check that Highlightbox.ocx is no longer anywhere on your PC
> (it normally lives in C:\windows\System). If it is, before removing it,
try
> unregistering it with (from the Start -> Run box):
>
> regsvr32 /u C:\Path\To\Highlightbox.ocx

Done - there was no copy remaining on the system.

> Once you are happy that pgAdmin is *completely* removed, then please try
> re-installing 1.1.34 (forget about 1.1.28 - the error you have is unlikely
> to be caused by a specific version of pgAdmin).
>
> Please let me know how you get on.

Nope - same results.

I've had a poke about the registry, and it looks as though the control is
being registered - at any rate there are entries for

HighlightBox.Properties
HighlightBox.HBX
HighlightBox.TBX

Unregistering and re-registering the ocx using RegSvr32 does not seem to
help. Neither does replacing version 2.00.39 of the OCX from the
installation with version 2.00.41 from the binaries in CVS (unregistering
and re-registering before/after replacement).

Trying to run pgAdmin with the OCX unregistered produces exactly the same
result. Trying to run it if the OCX has been unregistered and _deleted_
causes the install to run and replace the missing file before running
pgadmin (which then fails as "normal").

Any more ideas?
--
Thomas Sandford