GRANT ALL ON recursive for all tables in my scheme?

From: "A Lau" <lau(dot)studium(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: GRANT ALL ON recursive for all tables in my scheme?
Date: 2008-03-04 20:14:50
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-general

I recently searched for a way to grant permissions to a new created user for
all tables in a scheme or database. I just found ways who uses psql and
scripts. But I'm astonished that there is no way to do it with the "grant
all on database [schema]..."-option. Actually i thought that a grant on a
schema or database would recusivly set the accoding permissions to the
corresponding objects (eg. tables, views...). Is there a way to do it easily
in SQL-Syntax without psql and scripting? Why it can't be done with the
grant-operator?

thanks for help.

Andreas