From: "shem" <library(at)aup(dot)edu(dot)ph>
To: <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2001-05-18 06:49:10
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

hello just want to ask why i can't connect to postgresql for cygwin using
php?
postgresql just closes when the connection is started.
i followed all the instructions except that i started postmaster using:
pg_ctl start -o "-i".
and i also started ipc-daemon using: ipc-daemon &.
my machine is a win98 (first edition) having CPU of 500Mhz network card of
Realtek 8029as and memory of 128 MB.
I think my cygwin version is the latest.
here are the version of the required files:
- postgresql-7.1.1-1.tar.gz
- crypt-1.0-1.tar.gz (is this alright?)
- readline-4.1-2.tar.gz
- zlib-1.1.3-6.tar.gz
- cygwin-1.3.1-1.tar.gz

here's the error in php:
Warning: Unable to connect to PostgresSQL server: pqReadData() -- backend
closed the channel unexpectedly. This probably means the backend terminated
abnormally before or while processing the request. in
/home/sgp/www/index_from.php on line 16

here's the error in cygwin:
' FATAL 1: Bad abstime external representation '\N

You're respons will be much appreciated.
Thank you very much.

  • Re: at 2001-05-18 14:13:53 from Jason Tishler