Tons of postgres.exe processes

From: "Stan Vassilev" <sv_forums(at)fmethod(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Tons of postgres.exe processes
Date: 2005-07-01 22:23:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32
Hi, so I installed native 8.03 on my XP SP2 box - just for testing, I need
only support for about 3-4 simult. connections.

However I installed it and open the Task manager - and see at least a
hundred instances of postgres.exe process in there... And I can't find a way
to remedy this. I have no running connections so technically it's redundant
to have that amount of processes.

Also I started experiening apps failing to start, show menus or init other
controls properly when running postgres. Otherwise I could connect with the
GUI admin and make a db and a table in it...

Please help me resolve this.

Regards, Stan Vassilev | Web & Multimedia Developer

pgsql-hackers-win32 by date