Re: spanish characters in postgres

From: "Patrik Lundgren" <patrik(at)mensa(dot)se>
To: "'Mario Rodriguez Villanea'" <mrodriguez(at)AVANTICATEC(dot)NET>, <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: spanish characters in postgres
Date: 2003-03-22 08:36:42
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Most likely because you haven't set the charSet varaible in the
connection url. Americans always think english is the only language
spoken (written) and therefore the standard charSet doesn't permit any
special characters. Change your url to end with ?charSet=LATIN1. Example
: jdbc:postgresql://192.168.0.1/test?charSet=LATIN1

Regards,
Patrik Lundgren