serious problem with PGadmin III

From: "Tony Caduto" <tony(dot)caduto(at)amsoftwaredesign(dot)com>
To: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: serious problem with PGadmin III
Date: 2004-06-11 13:58:11
Lists: pgadmin-support

I don't know if anyone has noticed this , but it seems all objects are
loaded ahead of time.
For example, if I open a function in the SQL query window, make a change and
compile it, then open it again my changes are not shown.
They are only shown if I manually hit the refresh for that object or the
whole DB.

This is a not a good way to do it, the function source should be pulled from
the db every time you open it. You should not have to hit refresh manually.

I have run into situations where I have lost tons of changes because I
compiled/ran the function script and then opened it again without refreshing
and made some changes at the top of the function compiled and then lost
everything becasue PGadmin III was using a cached copy.

Otherwise I like the program, keep up the good work.

Thanks,

Tony Caduto
Inexpensive Corporate Messaging
AM Software Design