Novice dumb questions.

From: "Ed Fair" <ed_fair(at)mindspring(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Novice dumb questions.
Date: 2003-10-19 03:39:33
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi,

I have a newbie question, I have read the README, documentation, and web page but could not find a clue. I have much SQL and relational experience with a variety of vendor products, I don't need SQL or relational design tutorials, I think I need a document like "Postgresql for the Experienced SQL Programmer/Analyst".

Most importantly, need to know which utilities I should download to create my database and develop my queries and stored procedures.

I need utilities that can:

1) Create databases, create and edit tables, and view current table and column definitions,
2) Create and edit stored procedures,
3) Test SQL (I do know about isql.exe)

I also need documentation about maintaining foreign keys, and ensuring referential integrity using those foreign keys.

If anybody can point me to the right sources I would be grateful.

Thanks,

ed